Our goal as a residential roofing and remodeling contractor is to reduce the environmental impact in all aspects of our business, from saving water and energy to recycling. We continue to grow in this arena and have recently committed to a new program in which we will be recycling some of our asphalt shingles.
“Your old roof can become a new road!”
Being that construction waste is on of the largest contributors to landfill waste, we are excited about this step forward and think our customers will be, too!
Sustainable, Green Roofing & On Tops Roofing
Few major building systems contribute to green building in as many ways as a roof does. A professionally-installed roof by On Tops Roofing can increase your home’s durability by controlling moisture, improving energy efficiency, supporting renewable energy, and improving indoor air quality.
A green roof is:
- One that is durable & efficient.
- One that makes a home healthier & more comfortable.
- One that leaves behind a smaller environmental footprint.
Green Roofing Options & Suggestions from On Tops Roofing
- Cool roofing products utilize a highly reflective surface to reflect heat coming from the sun’s rays away from the roof and home. The absorbed portion of heat is quickly re-emitted; thus, the heat in your attic and home is reduced. Furthermore, the cycles of heating and cooling that shorten a roof’s life are eased. We offer cool metal roofing options which utilize highly-emissive painted or unpainted metal surfaces, as well as, cool roofing shingles. Cool roofing shingles offer energy savings as well but with a conventional look — no longer a white shingle, the granules are covered with multiple layers of reflective material.
- Proper ventilation helps to keep heat and moisture from building up in the attic, improving indoor air quality and the roof’s life cycle.
- A properly installed roofing system incorporates all the needed parts or accessories to make a roof most durable.
- A renewable energy system, such as a roof top solar energy system, relies on high quality roofing materials and professional installation. These systems include Photovoltaic (PV) systems and solar water heating (SWH) (or solar thermal heating) systems. As a pioneer in green technologies, we are proud to partner with Strata Solar in Chapel Hill, NC to assist our customers with rooftop solar energy systems.
On Tops Roofing, based in Angier, NC, proudly serves the following areas: Raleigh, Cary, Holly Springs, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Fayetteville, Chapel Hill, Clayton and all of Harnett and Johnston Counties. Please contact us for additional service areas.